Join our team to be a part of reshaping the Customer Communications industry and helping our clients better serve their customers.
At DataOceans, you’ll be inspired to create new and innovative solutions. A leading customer communications and engagement solutions provider, we empower financial service companies, print service providers and other companies to digitally transform and modernize the way they communicate and service their customers. If you have ever received a letter, statement, email or text message you wished you could make better – you should explore joining our team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Deliver production quality code within a full TypeScript stack (Node.js, GraphQL, and React)
- Mentor and aid in the growth of junior-level team members
- Work with product and UX team members to drive product features from design phase to implementation
- Be able to solve problems independently and work collaboratively with other developers
- Convert mockups and prototypes into responsive web applications
- Ensure consistent, responsive experiences across multiple devices and browsers
- Develop and maintain reusable UI and back-end components when possible
- Stay current with technologies and apply best practices
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent industry work experience
- 5+ years of experience building software for a production environment
- 3+ years of development experience with TypeScript and Node.js (or experience with a strongly typed object-oriented language and a desire to learn TypeScript/Node)
- 3+ years of development experience with modern client-side web libraries such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Proficient with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Proficient with unit testing (experience with JS frameworks such as Jest or Mocha is preferred)
- Solid understanding of databases and fluent in SQL
- 3+ years of development experience working with ORMs
- 3+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Proficient with CSS3
- Experience with payment processing and PCI compliance
- Experience with healthcare systems and HIPAA compliance
- Familiarity with cloud native technologies and concepts (Microservices, Docker/Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, DevOps, Continuous Delivery, etc)
- Experience with Agile development process (Scrum)
- Experience with pair programming
- Ability to communicate clearly with other team members
- Trustworthy and reliable – will get the job done
- Self-managed and self-motivated to do your best work
- Desire to develop a great product and have fun in the process
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k with company matching
- Flexible work schedule including work from home
DataOceans, a leader in Customer Communications Management (CCM) solutions, is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team. Not much has changed more rapidly in the last 5-10 years than how organizations communicate with their customers and the technology that supports this communication. As companies look to take advantage of innovations in technology capabilities, they are also looking for technology partners like DataOceans to help them deliver solutions rapidly and provide hosting opportunities that reduce their operations overhead and increase the likelihood of success. If you enjoy working with a talented team where your input is highly valued, if you strive to build secure high-quality software, and if you thrive on constant learning and improvement, then we want to hear from you.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for working with the business analysis and development teams to design and run test cases for the company’s software applications. This job will require you to understand the unique business requirements of each client implementation and the business intent of each unique client configuration to design and execute the appropriate comprehensive test plan. The position will require strong technical and analytical skills along with the unique ability to think at a high-level while paying attention to granular details. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable routinely communicating with other departments to get needed clarity and manage test plans to a successful conclusion. Prior software testing experience and a fluent software development vocabulary is preferred. A demonstrated ability to manage and drive projects to completion, communicate with clients and internal stakeholders, and assist with the authoring of user stories is also desired.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, developing, and executing comprehensive QA test plans and test cases for software applications.
- Understand business and technical requirements at a level of detail that allows for the design of test cases needed to validate proper operation of the solution and to validate that the desired business outcomes associated with the requirements will be achieved.
- Implementing process tools and infrastructure required for testing.
- Conducting functional, regression and performance testing.
- Working effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Cooperating closely with the development, client services, business analysis, and operations teams.
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
- Implementation experience relative to electronic billing and payment systems
- Work independently and proactively with minimal support from management
- Building traceability matrices to support test case creation
- Identify, capture, and managing system defects.
- Escalating the required issues and errors as required to bring about resolution
- Dedicated to take new initiative and drive it to completion
- Identify project risks and recommend actions to minimize risk.
- Assist with project management activities as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned relating to the mutual success of DataOceans and its clients
Minimum Required Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required in software industry with an understanding of QA methodologies including writing test scripts and test plans, test script execution and tracking, defect entry and testing progress reporting
- Prefer three or more years’ front-end and back-end system testing experience including manual and/or automated testing experience.
- Previous experience with testing complex web-based software systems is highly desirable
- Experience with electronic bill and payment systems.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands on experience with XML and HTML.
- Familiarity with hand editing XML for configuring test parameters
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Prior Software Development experience is a plus
- Experience with designing and implementing test tools is a plus
- Preference for background in finance or healthcare industries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail.
- Prefer some experience with project management in an Agile environment
- Prefer experience with creation of User Stories
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) preferred
- Experience with SQL databases with the ability to query the data preferred
- Experience with Web Service and API testing preferred
- Preferred knowledge of Selenium Testing Tool, and Zephyr Test Case Management Tool